Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Who can pick my child up from school?
Only parents or guardians or those authorized by the parent or guardian on the Data Enrollment Form (which is filled out at the beginning of each school year). People picking up the student may be asked to present a photo ID.

Who do I call if my student is going to be absent?
Congress: (269) 659-1580
Wenzel: (269) 659-1581
Wall: (269) 659-1579
Eastwood: (269) 659-1555
Sturgis Middle School: (269) 659-1596
Sturgis High School: (269) 659-1519
Sturgis Central Commons: (269) 659-1537

Can I have lunch with my child?
Yes, you must sign in at the office upon entering the school, show a photo ID, and sign out at the office when exiting the building. Adult lunch needs to be called in to the school office by 8:30 a.m. to be sure enough lunches are available.

Can my child take medication at school?
Yes, all prescription medication has to be administered from the office with written permission of the parent. Students are not allowed to transport medication to and from school, it must be delivered by a parent or guardian. Forms are available at the school office to fill out. Medication must be in ORIGINAL containers to be authorized and administered. Any unused prescribed medicine will be destroyed at the end of the year. Exception to this procedure: High school students may keep over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen in their locker.

How old must my child be to start kindergarten?
Your child must be 5 on or before September 1st of the current school year, or on or before December 1st of the current school year with a waiver.

Do I need to complete the kindergarten enrollment process for my child if they were enrolled in GSRP or Community Action Head Start?
Yes, all incoming kindergarten students must complete the Kindergarten Registration process even if they attended an SPS Pre-School Program like GSRP.

What are the daily start and end times at each school?
School Hours


How can I check my child's grades and attendance?
PowerSchool allows parents/guardians to check grades and attendance records online. Click here to learn how to set up a PowerSchool account.

How do I get a copy of my high school transcript?
Transcripts are provided through Parchment. Contact our Guidance Office at 269-659-1520 if you have questions or need assistance.

How can I contact my child's teacher?
There are many ways to get in contact with your child's teacher, but the most efficient way is through email. Teacher email addresses can be found on the Staff Directory.


Where can I find athletic team schedules?
Athletic Schedule of Events

Where are home games, meets, and matches played at?
Sturgis Athletic Venues

How can I find directions to, or information about how to purchase tickets at, other Wolverine Conference schools?
Conference Schools, Tickets & Locations

How can I contact my child's coach?
There are many ways to get in contact with your child's coach, but the most efficient way is through email. Coach email addresses can be found on the Coaches Directory.


How do I enroll a student?
Enrollment Information


How do I update my contact information with the school?
Update Contact Information


Where are breakfast and lunch menus posted?
Breakfast & Lunch Menus

Where can I learn more about food services?
Food Service Information